Toy Vehicles Information
Recreational vehicles (RVs) are unique because they double as both homes and automobiles. As a result, RVs are vulnerable to more accidents than an ordinary home or car might be. RV insurance can be an excellent way to limit the financial burden of covering out-of-pocket expenses following an accident or other covered event.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for an RV?
In Illinois, RV owners must carry a minimum of bodily injury and property damage liability coverage. But you shouldn’t expect liability coverage alone to be adequate financial protection. The agents at Illinois Auto Quote Insurance Agency can help you learn more about the right RV insurance policy for you and your motorhome.
What RV Insurance Coverages Are Available?
Common RV insurance coverages include the following:
- Liability insurance helps insure against damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for vehicle damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical payments coverage helps cover your medical bills and passengers’ expenses.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
- Campsite and vacation coverage helps cover liabilities associated with using the RV as a vacation property.
- Full-time residence insurance is intended for those permanently living in their RVs.
Additional coverages might include options for roadside assistance, rental car coverage and expenses protection.
Is Insurance Required on a Travel Trailer?
Travel trailers generally do not need to be insured. Having coverage for your travel trailer can be an efficient way to limit potential accident-related costs, but Illinois does not require it.
If you are an RV owner near McHenry, Illinois, the agents at Illinois Auto Quote can help you learn more about potential insurance policies so you can select the right coverage for you and your motorhome.
Contact us today at 815-363-8100 to learn more or request a quote on a policy.